Here's a look back at my June Birchbox:
1. SARAHPOTEMPA The Half Up -- If you have layers in your hair, forget about it. This is supposed to be used to do a half-up/half-down style with a bun. Yeah, no. But the directions said this may also work for a low bun for people who have hair that's not too long. I was able to get some of my hair to make a low bun, if you like a messy look.
2. LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Bees Knees -- This goes on smoothly, moisturizes my lips and is minty-fresh. My only complaint is the light coral, almost iridescent color isn't all that flattering on me.
3. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner in Black -- I don't wear black eyeliner, but I tried this once so I could review it. It went on smoothly; it's more of creamy pencil. It seems like it has staying power. The gold polka dot design of the packaging is adorable. I threw it in my makeup bag in case I ever want to wear black eyeliner, or I misplace my dark brown one and need to be on air in .5 seconds. (This is one reason Birchbox is great. You can throw some of the products you don't love in the bottom of your make up bag or drawer so that they're there in a pinch as a back up to your staples.)
Okay, now to the good stuff:
4. Perlier Body Cream in Shea Almond -- Love this, love this! I am a sucker for ANYTHING almond/amaretto-scented. And this definitely fits the bill. I use it every night before I got to bed as a hand cream. It feels great and smells even better. So luxurious!
5. English Laundry Signature for Her --I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SCENT! It's a little woodsy, a little sweet, but not overly saccharine. If I hadn't been hoarding perfume lately and this wasn't $90 a bottle, I would buy it tomorrow!
My July Birchbox:
Post a Comment