Here's a look back at my May Birchbox:
1. PIXI Beauty Shea Butter Lip Balm -- Love this! It has a wonderful cocoa butter-like scent, which is fantastic. It goes on just like lip balm, not like lipstick or gloss, which I really like for everyday wear. The tint is definitely noticeable. I got the Pixi Pink shade, which is not exactly the right color for me, but it works well enough. Plus, the pink, mint green and gold packaging design is quite adorable.
2. CoTZ Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40 -- This works well for sunscreen purposes but don't expect much out of the tint; it wasn't noticeable to me at all. It has a nice matte finish, but doesn't really set it self apart from other similar products I've tried.
3. clariSEA Instant Glow Powder Exfoliant - I don't know how Birchbox does this time after time. They send some products that I think I absolutely hate but end up liking in some way. This is one of those products. It's almost like loose salt, so it's a little hard to use and can get messy. The directions say you can either mix it with water or with a cleanser; I prefer the latter. I think the worst part is, because this is made of sea salt, if a little gets in your mouth, it tastes really salty. You might be thinking, "I've never gotten face cleanser in my mouth." Yeah, that's what I thought until I used this; you would be surprised. Now the to the good part: This exfoliates really, really well! I love the results, just not the process. But be warned it's a little harsh, so if your skin is easily irritated, this might not be the best exfoliator for you.
4. Number 4™ Volumizing Shampoo & Number 4™ Volumizing Condition -- Number 4 is a company after my own heart with a shampoo label that reads, in part, "Fleurs de Temps is all about big hair darling, big hair...creating enhanced hair lift and a perplexed Texan decadence." And I will say on the days I have used this, I did have bouncy Texas big hair! It has a somewhat strong floral scent, but I like it. It works really well, but at $34 for the shampoo and $36 for the conditioner, it's a little too pricey for me.
5. Votivo Candle Travel Tin in Azure Garden - This is not my favorite scent because it's a little too floral for me, but I don't dislike it. I bet the Pink Mimosa and Red Currant smell fantastic!
My June Birchbox:
Post a Comment