Here's a look back at my March box:
1. Keims Cleanshine Energizing Shampoo -- This says "peppermint and macadamia" on the bottle, but I didn't smell either of those things in the scent unfortunately, since I love the smell of peppermint (even though I hate the taste!). To me it's just more of a fresh and clean scent, so I can't really complain about that. And it worked really well! My hair feels clean and looks shiny every time I use it.
2. Michael Todd True Organics Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator -- This stuff is fantastic! My skin has never felt softer than after using it. It has a wonderful, fruity-citrusy scent; I best compare it to tangerine. The texture is different than other exfoliators I've used. It's more like clumps of sand instead of beads, if that makes sense. At $18, I would really consider buying this, but I think the sample will last awhile since you only need a to use it a couple times a week.
3. Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face -- At first I was confused because this says BB Cream on the bottle, and I only noticed a barely-there tint. But then I re-examined the bottle and realized it said mineral sunscreen; that totally changed my opinion! I don't have very sensitive skin, but it does often react to sunscreen- not this! It leaves a smooth, matte, almost powdery feel on the skin, not greasy! It's made with 70 percent organic ingredients and has antioxidants. At $36 for the full-size, the price is a little steep, but if it keeps my face from stinging when I put on sunscreen at the beach, I might just have to buy it.
4. the Balm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream -- I'm not really a fan of cream blush, especially since I wear a powder foundation, but when I did use this on my cheeks the color really stayed for a long time. I received the Pie shade; it's not what I would choose but it was okay. It's a little too fluorescent. I did like this better as a lip color, but again, not exactly the right shade for me. And definitely do not wear both together or you'll look like a doll. I know this from experience...
5. Jergens BB Body Skin Perfecting Cream -- I haven't tried this yet because I'm loyal to Jergens Natural Glow lotion, and if I go a day without using it I start to lose my subtle self tan. I could see using this BB lotion in conjunction with a foam or gel self tanner for some extra moisturization.
Here is my April Birchbox. I might actually use the nail polish this time; I LOVE mint green.