Here's a look back at my February box:
1. Beauty Protector Protect & Oil -- I was surprised by how much I liked this! First of all, it smells like cotton candy- so good. I have fine hair, so I used to shy away from hair creams and oils. But more recently I've discovered that when used in small amounts, they actually work great for me. They provide enough smoothness that I haven't had to use my Chi in at least a year. Like many popular hair oils, this one contains argan oil, but it doesn't seem as heavy. After putting it on and blow drying my hair, it had volume and softness! You don't need much, so the sample size will last a long time.
2. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner -- I've been using this as a makeup primer, and I think it works pretty well for that purpose. I tested it out on one side of my face and compared it to the other to see if it really minimizes pores, and it actually does. But I think someone would really have to be staring at your face up close (creepy!) to notice a huge difference. I like this product, but I would not pay $45 for the full size.
3. Juicy Couture Couture La La Malibu -- It's not a perfume I would pick out, but it's a nice summery scent! It's reminiscent of Clinique Happy- probably the mandarin/citrus notes. I enjoy wearing it.
4. Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish in Kitten Heels -- I'm am such a slacker about nail polish, so I haven't tried this.
5. 32 Oral Care Effervescent Breath Crystals with IsoVoxy -- This is like the mint version of pop rocks. It does freshen your breath and makes your mouth feel cool and clean, however it's a little odd to try to swish it around your mouth. I do think it works better than a mint, but it's just a little difficult to use.
In my January Birchbox review blog post, I mentioned that I had not yet tried the 100 % Pure Fruit-Pigmented Mascara. I have since tried it, and it's okay. It doesn't have the thickness or oomph of a non-fruit pigmented mascara, but if you're really into natural products, it isn't terrible.
Here is my March Birchbox - review to come soon!
Post a Comment